Friday, April 16, 2010

SNAKE!!!

My heart is RACING. There I was, sitting quietly on the couch, almost falling asleep. I was watching the show "I'm Alive" on Animal Planet, and this guy had just been bitten by a Death Adder. That's a poisonous snake in Australia, in case you didn't know. Right before that one, there was a story about a guy who lost his arm to an alligator in Lake Okeechobee, right in my own backyard. So I had reptiles on the brain.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I saw this:



Really, Chase saw it first. He's my hero. He totally would have taken it out for me, if I'd let him. I started screaming for Terry! It was 11:00 at night, and he was fast asleep. The girls were asleep too. It was just me and the cat. Terry finally came, and of course the snake went to hide. The cat was looking for it, and Terry told me to put him away. Then I called 9-1-1. The dispatcher thought it was a water snake, but she said she would send somebody out.

In the meantime, the snake reappeared, but quickly slithered its way into a tiny hole in my WALL! And there it will stay. The Po-Po came shortly after and there were three of them, all ready to do some snake huntin'! I told them it was now in my wall. They were like, WHAAAAT??!! Then they said it was probably a water snake, not poisonous, and that we could just plug up the hole and leave him in the wall. So we did. I couldn't find my glue gun, so Terry stuck a rubber band in the hole, followed by playdough. Yeah, we got that sucka good! Now the cat is still looking for the snake, and I have a cool Friday night story to tell.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh!!! Too weird that he showed up before the flood too! Did you name him? lol!