Sunday, January 3, 2010

does the journey seem long?

Today I was spiritually filled at church. We were late, and it was only Natalie and I. It was time for Relief Society, and the lesson was for me. As soon as the opening song began, I noticed that the words applied to my life. Sister Gilbert spoke of burdens vs. baggage, and again I saw application in my own life. Then, in the middle of the lesson, Brother Bray came in to tell us about a job opening and an education grant. It was all for me. How thankful I am that I still went to church, even though I was late. How blessed I am by having this wonderful gospel in my life. Here is the song that we sang:

"Does The Journey Seem Long?"

Does the journey seem long,
The path rugged and steep?
Are there briars and thorns on the way?
Do sharp stones cut your feet
As you struggle to rise
To the heights thru the heat of the day?

Let your heart be not faint
Now the journey’s begun;
There is One who still beckons to you.
So look upward in joy
And take hold of his hand;
He will lead you to heights that are new.

Alma 36:3-

And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.

No comments: