Monday, August 13, 2012

dinner at my house? I'll make your favorite...

Feeding my family has become somewhat of a challenge. Well, really it has always been a challenge. Not because of my lack in cooking abilities; I cook surprisingly well for someone who had a mother that did not cook. The problem lies in my family. Don't get me wrong-I love them dearly and love to cook for them. But lately everyone has been SO picky! I go to great lengths making a healthy, delicious meal, and then my children will tell me that they don't like it, nor will they even try it. It drives me nuts. Luckily, my husband is pretty easy to please. He has the typical male attitude of "Me hungry. You make food. Me eat food. Thank you." Yeah, he'll eat anything.

So I concocted a new rule: You must always try everything on your plate. Then, if you don't like it, you may have something else.

The new rule has actually worked out quite well. It is getting my kids to try new things and oftentimes, they end up liking what they thought they didn't.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh no! My kids are the exact same! Glad you figured out a way around it. I want to see your recipes!