Saturday, December 20, 2008

happy birthday, trinity!

Trinity Sarah-Noel was born on December 11, 2003. My, how time flies! It seems like just yesterday I was holding my "miracle baby" in my arms for the first time, crying tears of joy because I had to wait so long for her. And now she is five.
This year we decided to scale back on parties and presents and had a small party at home with just grandparents and their favorite uncle, Brian. Since I didn't let her have friends over, I baked cupcakes for her Pre-K class and handed out treat bags to all her friends at school. They loved it! I also decided to take on the challenge of making and decorating a cake and with the help of the Sister Missionaries in our ward, it came out pretty well for my first cake.
When we asked Trinity what she wanted for her birthday, she replied "A beautiful dress from Macy's," which is her favorite store. We couldn't find one at Macy's, but we did find one at Nordstrom in Miami, when we were on one of our many trips to the VA hospital there. It was perfect. The blue matches her beautiful eyes. Then we noticed that she was totally in love with a bike at Wal-Mart. We went there a few times one week and she kept riding this bike around in the garden section (yes, my kids run amok when we go places, but come on, it's just Wal-Mart). So Terry and I decided that we should get her this bike, since she was already calling it "hers" anyway. We bought it right then and there (hiding it with great finesse) and of course she was completely ecstactic when she saw it on her birthday! She rode it all around the house until we bought her a helmet and now she rides it outside almost everyday.
We are so thankful for this little girl who has brightend our lives and touches our spirits. She is spunky, precotious, and free-spirited, but she is also sensitive, caring, and so loving. She came into our lives at just the right time and made our family complete. I love you more than anything. Happy Birthday, Trinity!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had to comment on your family name. My family's last name is also Mann. We have called ourselves the Mann Clann (yes, 2 ns)since 1980. I found it fascinating that someone else is doing the same! Welcome to the clann!

J-Lo said...

Sarah,
Of COURSE I remember you from Vero. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I have added yours to my Reader account so I'll get updates. I'm going to forward your blog address to my parents, too.
Happy New Year!
Jenny (Costley) Ludlow

ryannsharidamontague said...

oh my goodness!! I can't beleive how much the girls have grown! They are so cute! Thanks for the cute family picture that we got! You will be getting one from us soon. I hope. :)

tweedlediva said...

Wow! Is that really Brian?